Friday, September 18, 2009

Another great Food Allergy Link!

Prior to learning of Alexis' food allergies, I considered myself to be a rather good cook and I loved it. Baking, ironically, not so much. After she was diagnosed, I lost all desire to cook and create recipes. It was as if I was fearful and the fun of creating recipes was taken away from me. I just couldn't imagine that I could create delicious meals without dairy, eggs and nuts.
When Alexis turned three and Ryan was just a year, my mother came across a book that changed our lives...What's To Eat? by Linda Coss. This was the first cookbook that I had ever seen that taught me how to cook without using dairy, eggs, tree nuts or peanuts - and the recipes were delicious! Not only that, included are menus and suggestions to help you in the kitchen when dealing with food allergies. This book literally changed my life and I am so grateful as this book gave me the desire to create again (and look where we are now)!
Linda Coss also has a great website that not only has here amazing cookbooks, general tips and information regarding food allergies, but also a comprehensive list of food allergy sites. For more information go to http://www.foodallergybooks.com/. Thanks Linda, your amazing!!!

1 comment: