Monday, July 13, 2009

PeaButter and Jelly Sandwiches at Last!


While shopping at www.peanutfreeplanet.com, I discovered our new favorite spread...Golden Pea Butter! For the first time, my children had an allergen free version of a PB&J (minus the B, of course - as well as sunflowers due to allergies). Alexis loved it and was elated to have something similar to the very popular sandwich she has seen for years. Ryan, although it was very cute to watch him try and eat this new treat, did not like the stickiness on the roof of his mouth. Give him a few more tries.
Give Golden Peabutter a try! It's delicious and the kids will love it.

3 comments:

Jane Anne said...

We have tried this as well. My PA son enjoyed it but I couldn't get anyone else in the family to like it. We love sunbutter.
It's just great to have an alternative, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your post! Hopefully someday my kids can try the Sunbutter, I have heard it's great. However, they are still allergic to sunflowers.

GINA. said...

My son is allergic to much the same foods as Alexis and is now 15 months. He was 9 months old when we had confirmation of his allergies. We eat this peabutter on a daily basis! My kids know no different as my daughter was only 2 when we eliminated Peanut butter from our house. You can even get bigger tubs of it from the manufacturer should you like. They have them available at their plant in Legal, Alberta.